Saturday, December 12, 2020

Blacksite Studio - Bandit Camp

I've been continuing to expand some terrain options for my tabletop, trying out some more pre-painted MDF kits.  This time around, I picked up the Bandit Camp as part of the Riverthorne collection from Blacksite Studio, a company out of Texas here in the US. 



This kit is simple, comprised of 3 simple MDF structures with printed pattern to represent tent fabric. There were no instructions included in the kit, but simple instructions for all of their kits are available on Blacksite Studio's website.  


Assembly was quick and easy, taking only 15-20 minutes.  All I needed was some glue (white PVA) and a hobby knife for some mild trimming, along with a file for cleaning up a mounting point from the sprue.  

The kit had 4 different color patterns to pick from to use on the 3 tents.  I cut them out with the hobby knife, but one could use scissor or a paper cutter. 

The finished kit laid out on my carpet.

And here's the camp on a proper gaming mat with a few models.

Nice detail for a quick an easy kit. 



Overall, I'm quite happy with this kit. It sells for only $9.99 USD on their website, but I bought the Riverthorne kit with a few additional pieces. Easy to put together and will add some simple details to my skirmish games.  Can't wait to use it as the Gnoll camp in my upcoming Rangers of Shadowdeep campaign!

Next time I order I may just pick up a few additional of these kits, as they are cheap and easy and seem to be durable enough. Might make for a nice raid on army camp set ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment