Monday, December 7, 2020

4Ground - Halgar's Blacksmith

I recently got my hands on some new pre-painted MDF terrain for my collection.  After looking into a few companies and options, I picked up a kit from 4Ground Publishing.  For my first go, I selected Halgar's Blacksmith set.  

I ordered my kit from the good folks over at Badger Games, with whom I've always had good dealings.


The kit comes in a nice cardboard box, keeping it well protected during shipping.  Enclosed are a nice detailed set of instructions for assembly.  

Only a handful of basic tools were needed for assembly, as everything came out of the sprues readily.  
  • Some glue (I found PVA to be a good choice)
  • Files/sandpaper for some fine tuning and fitting
  • Hobby / X-acto knife
  • A few clamps and rubber-bands to help hold pieces while drying

I assembled the kit over in a few set-down sessions over a couple of evenings in front of the TV.  I was able to put the kit together in about four to five hours, although a few distractions certainly interrupted my building from time to time. Overall, the model was not exceptionally difficult to assemble, thanks to the step-by-step directions included.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos of the build process, but here are some of the completed model. 




Back side of the model


Views of the first floor and smithy. Note that the doors actually articulate open and closed nicely.


Second story view




Overall, an excellent product!  I'll be looking forward to getting this on the table; it should make for a nice centerpiece in many games. 


No comments:

Post a Comment